Vor dem Einzug
Are you moving in to KaWo soon? Welcome! Below you will find a small list of everything you need to make your move-in easier:
- Register with the network early. With your assignment, you can already activate your account and have access to our network from day 1. You can also create your WLAN access data directly. You also register there for the services of the house association (among others washing and printing).
- Organize window shades (2x~60×110 cm), curtains (min. 180×160 cm) or similar. These are not included in the room equipment. The sizes should be considered only as an orientation but should fit into all rooms.
- A bed is not included in the room, so make sure you organize one. The nearest Ikea is located in Heerlen or Cologne. Alternatively, there are also some local furniture stores. (Does not apply to program rooms)
- Things like toilet paper or cutlery are not included, so make sure to bring your own stuff or talk to your roommates about sharing.
- Optional: Read up on our pages here and give us feedback via contact form, if questions are still open.
To satisfy all of your planning needs, you will also find an exemplary room plan here. About half of the rooms are horizontally mirrored. The information is without guarantee and in case of doubt rounded to the nearest full 5.
exemplarischer Grundriss des Zimmers
The room includes:
-desk (145×70 cm) + chair
-wardrobe (125×60 cm)
-shelf (35×90 cm)
In already renovated rooms, the dimensions may vary slightly.
Was man beachten kann oder einem das Leben erleichtert:
You can paint your room as you like. When you move out, you just have to leave it white again. If you want to drill holes, please check with the janitors about the location of pipes and cables. You will also need a hammer drill for drilling. If you don’t have your own, you can borrow one from our workshop group.
The electrical circuits in the room are not designed for kitchen appliances. Putting your own refrigerator in the room may cause problems. However, the refrigerators in the kitchens offer enough space.
In every floor there are genuine people to hang out with.
Often there are also floor groups via WhatsApp or Telegram for planning activities.